Follow this link if you would like to enter the Six Word Wonder Contest 2021.
Six Word Wonder Contest 2021 – full terms and conditions
Please ensure you read the rules carefully before entering the contest. You are required to confirm acceptance of the contest rules on submission of your entry, and failure to comply may result in disqualification.
- The contest is open to all nationalities and all backgrounds. Six Word Wonder fully supports global equality.
- All entries must be six words long, and written in British or American English. Any title shall be included in the six word count. Entrants must be aged 16 years old or over, otherwise they will be disqualified. Any other entries will be disqualified.
- Entries can only be made through the entry form on dougweller.net. Entries through any other source will be disqualified.
- Entries may be on any subject. You may enter up to five six word stories per entry. You may not withdraw an entry after submission.
- All entrants confirm that they hold the copyright for each entry and all entries are original. Entries must not be plagiarised or copied from other sources.
- Entries must be entirely your own work. Any evidence to the contrary will result in immediate disqualification. Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author but Doug Weller and Six Word Wonder have the unrestricted rights to publish any entry, in any form, including, but not limited to, publication on https://dougweller.net, publication in books, magazines, Instagram, and Twitter, and promotional material, including the use of the entrant’s name. No additional compensation will be offered or given for use by Six Word Wonder or Doug Weller.
- All entrants agree to only enter the contest if it is lawful to enter in their country.
- As part of the entry, the entrant agrees to sign up to the Doug Weller mailing list. It is NOT possible to confirm receipt of entries by phone or email.
- The winning entrant will be contacted by email after judging has been completed.
- You may enter the contest using a pen name. This name will be used in correspondence and in any credit for published stories.
- This contest will close to new entrants on 31st August, 2021 at midnight Pacific Standard Time. Any entries after this time will be disqualified.
- Entrants must complete the double-opt in following entry to receive future mailings from Doug Weller and Six Word Wonder.
- Friends and family of Doug Weller may not enter this contest.
- Each entry will be judged by Doug Weller using any criteria he deems appropriate to assess the creative merit of the entry. The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into. The judge is unable to comment on individual entries. Judging is fair and unbiased. Six Word Wonder reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice.
- The first prize winner will win a $100 cash prize, to be transfered to a PayPal account. Alternatively, the winner may request an Amazon voucher of equivalent value.
If you’re happy with the rules, let’s get on with entering the contest!