Looking for the Six Word Wonder Contest 2021? Follow this link to enter free for a chance to win $100 and be named the Six Word Wonder – 2021.
This page is now an archive.
How do I enter the Six Word Wonder 2020 contest?
Write a six word story, joke, memoir or poem and submit it below. You can enter up to five stories per person.
What will the winners receive?
The top winning entry selected by the judges will be crowned Six Word Wonder 2020. As winner, the top story will be published in the follow-up to Six Word Wonder and win a $50 cash prize.
The best entries that are not the top winner may still be published in the sequel to Six Word Wonder, in Paperback and eBook.
Great entries will be featured on this website and on Instagram @sixwordwonder, and the best will even be featured in the next Six Word Wonder book!
The competition runs until 31st August 2020.
How do I enter the Six Word Wonder 2020 contest?
In order to enter, fill in the form below. Great entries will be featured on this website, and the best will even be featured in the next Six Word Wonder book!
So if you would like the chance to get published online and in print, enter here. You can enter up to five stories. The full list of rules is set out below.
The contest is open to all creative people around the world.
Can you give me some example six word stories?
Example entries might include:
Unlocking her cage, she stepped out.
…reader. I am a brilliant mind…
Poured out two glasses… then remembered.
Every one is six words long, and tells a story.
You can find out more about example Six Word Wonders here.
What are the full rules of entry?
Click below to read the full terms and conditions:
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Full rules of entry” less=”Full rules of entry”]
By entering the Six Word Wonder contest, you agree to all of the following rules and terms set out below. Please ensure you read the rules carefully before entering the competition. You are required to confirm acceptance of the contest rules on submission of your entry, and failure to comply may result in disqualification.
- The contest is open to all nationalities and all backgrounds. Six Word Wonder fully supports global equality.
- All entries must be six words long, and written in British or American English. Any title shall be included in the six word count. Entrants must be aged 16 years old or over, otherwise they will be disqualified. Any other entries will be disqualified.
- Entries can only be made through the entry form on dougweller.net. Entries through any other source will be disqualified.
- Entries may be on any subject. You may enter up to five six word stories per entry. You may not withdraw an entry after submission.
- All entrants confirm that they hold the copyright for each entry and all entries are original. Entries must not be plagiarised or copied from other sources.
- Entries must be entirely your own work. Any evidence to the contrary will result in immediate disqualification. Worldwide copyright of each entry remains with the author but Doug Weller and Six Word Wonder have the unrestricted rights to publish any entry, in any form, including, but not limited to, publication on https://dougweller.net, publication in books, magazines, Instagram, and Twitter, and promotional material, including the use of the entrant’s name. No additional compensation will be offered or given for use by Six Word Wonder or Doug Weller.
- All entrants agree to only enter the contest if it is lawful to enter in their country.
- As part of the entry, the entrant agrees to sign up to the Doug Weller mailing list. It is NOT possible to confirm receipt of entries by phone or email.
- The winning entrant will be contacted by email after judging has been completed. The winning Amazon.com voucher code will be emailed to the participant. No dispute will be entered into about the validity of the Amazon.com voucher code. Check our website for the winning entry.
- You may enter the contest using a pen name. This name will be used in correspondence and in any credit for published stories.
- This contest will close to new entrants on 31st August, 2020 at midnight Pacific Standard Time. Any entries after this time will be disqualified.
- Entrants must complete the double-opt in following entry to receive future mailings from Doug Weller and Six Word Wonder.
- Friends and family of Doug Weller may not enter this contest.
- Each entry will be judged by Doug Weller using any criteria he deems appropriate to assess the creative merit of the entry. The judge’s decision is final and no individual correspondence can be entered into. The judge is unable to comment on individual entries. Judging is fair and unbiased. Six Word Wonder reserves the right to change the panel of judges without notice.
- The first prize winner will win a $50 cash prize, to be provided to a PayPal account. Alternatively, the winner may request an Amazon voucher of equivalent value.
Please note – the 2020 Six Word Wonder contest is now closed. Thank you to all entrants. Any new entries will be entered into the next contest. Exact details to be confirmed.
Ok, I’m ready to enter!
Thank you for entering. If you have any questions or issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org